Diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori Infection in Children and Adolescents in Koreaopen access
- Seo, Ji-Hyun; Park, Ji-Sook; Rhee, Kwang-Ho; Youn, Hee-Shang
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY & NUTRITION
- Helicobacter pylori; Diagnosis; Guideline; Child
- PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY HEPATOLOGY & NUTRITION, v.21, no.4, pp.219 - 233
- Journal Title
- PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY HEPATOLOGY & NUTRITION
- Start Page
- End Page
- Helicobacter pylori plays an important role in the pathogenesis of chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, gastric cancer, and gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma. In Korea, the guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of H. pylori infection in adults were revised in 2013. The European Helicobacter and Microbiota Study Group and Consensus panel released the fifth edition of the Maastricht Consensus Report for the management of H. pylori infection in 2015, and the European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and the North American Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition released the updated joint guidelines for children and adolescents in 2016. Considering these recommendations and recent progress in our research and that of other research teams, this study aimed to discuss the diagnostic strategies for H. pylori infection in children and adolescents.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.