A local velocity grid conservative semi-Lagrangian schemes for BGK model
- Boscarino, Sebastiano; Cho, Seung Yeon; Russo, Giovanni
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- BGK model; Semi-Lagrangian method; Local velocity grid; Weighted L 2-minimization
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS, v.460
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS
- Most numerical schemes proposed for solving BGK models for rarefied gas dynamics are based on the discrete velocity approximation. Since such approach uses fixed velocity grids, one must secure a sufficiently large domain with fine velocity grids to resolve the structure of distribution functions. When one treats high Mach number problems, the computational cost becomes prohibitively expensive. In this paper, we propose a velocity adaptation technique in the semi-Lagrangian framework for BGK model. The velocity grid will be set locally in time and space, according to mean velocity and temperature. We apply a weighted minimization approach to impose conservation. We presented several numerical tests that illustrate the effectiveness of our proposed scheme. (c) 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 수학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.