Four-kilowatt homogeneous microwave heating system using a power-controlled phase-shifting mode for improved heating uniformity
- Jeong, C.-H.; Ahn, S.-H.; Lee, W.-S.
- Issue Date
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Electronics Letters, v.55, no.8, pp.465 - 467
- Journal Title
- Electronics Letters
- Start Page
- End Page
- For homogeneous microwave heating in a microwave cavity with multiple 2.45 GHz microwave generators, power-controlled phase-shifting mode is proposed in this Letter. The proposed microwave heating system consists of a multimode microwave cavity in which dielectric materials are placed to be heated, four phase-shifting WR-340 waveguides for different phase excitation, four 1 kW magnetrons that produce microwave power at 2.45 GHz, and a power supply with a system controller for the magnetron output power controls. Using the proposed power-controlled phase-shifting mode, uniform heating distribution is achieved by reducing the hot and cold spots in the microwave cavity. The proposed experiments demonstrated that in comparison to a conventional mode with simultaneous multiple inputs, the proposed mode can achieve an improved heating uniformity of 64.4%. ? The Institution of Engineering and Technology 2019
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.