Computational Simulations Identified Two Candidate Inhibitors of Cdk5/p25 to Abrogate Tau-associated Neurological Disordersopen access
- Zeb, A.; Son, M.; Yoon, S.; Kim, J.H.; Park, S.J.; Lee, K.W.
- Issue Date
- Elsevier B.V.
- Cdk5/p25 inhibitors; Molecular docking; Molecular dynamics simulation; Structure-based pharmacophore modeling; Tau-pathogenesis
- Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, v.17, pp.579 - 590
- Journal Title
- Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal
- Start Page
- End Page
- Deregulation of Cdk5 is a hallmark in neurodegenerative diseases and its complex with p25 forms Cdk5/p25, thereby causes severe neuropathological insults. Cdk5/p25 abnormally phosphorylates tau protein, and induces tau-associated neurofibrillary tangles in neurological disorders. Therefore, the pharmacological inhibition of Cdk5/p25 alleviates tau-associated neurological disorders. Herein, computational simulations probed two candidate inhibitors of Cdk5/p25. Structure-based pharmacophore investigated the essential complementary chemical features of ATP-binding site of Cdk5 in complex with roscovitine. Resultant pharmacophore harbored polar interactions with Cys83 and Asp86 residues and non-polar interactions with Ile10, Phe80, and Lys133 residues of Cdk5. The chemical space of selected pharmacophore was comprised of two hydrogen bond donors, one hydrogen bond acceptor, and three hydrophobic features. Decoy test validation of pharmacophore obtained highest Guner-Henry score (0.88) and enrichment factor score (7.23). The screening of natural product drug-like databases by validated pharmacophore retrieved 1126 compounds as candidate inhibitors of Cdk5/p25. The docking of candidate inhibitors filtered 10 molecules with docking score >80.00 and established polar and non-polar interactions with the ATP-binding site residues of Cdk5/p25. Finally, molecular dynamics simulation and binding free energy analyses identified two candidate inhibitors of Cdk5/p25. During 30 ns simulation, the candidate inhibitors established <3.0 ? root mean square deviation and stable hydrogen bond interactions with the ATP-binding site residues of Cdk5/p25. The final candidate inhibitors obtained lowest binding free energies of ?122.18 kJ/mol and ? 117.26 kJ/mol with Cdk5/p25. Overall, we recommend two natural product candidate inhibitors to target the pharmacological inhibition of Cdk5/p25 in tau-associated neurological disorders. ? 2019
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.