임산부의 영양보충제 복용실태와 건강증진행위에 미치는 요인open accessThe Status of Nutritional Supplements Nutritional Supplements and Factors affecting Health Promotion Behaviors in Pregnant Women
- Other Titles
- The Status of Nutritional Supplements Nutritional Supplements and Factors affecting Health Promotion Behaviors in Pregnant Women
- 심은성; 최소영
- Issue Date
- nutritional supplement; subjective health status; health control; health promotion behavior; pregnant women
- 한국모자보건학회지, v.23, no.1, pp.35 - 44
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the relationships among nutritional supplement intake, subjective health status, health control level and health promotion behaviors and to investigate factors affecting health promotion behaviors in pregnant women.
Methods: A total of 153 pregnant women was recruited from a university hospital in J city in Korea. Data were collected using self-reported questionnaires.
Results: Most participants (91.5%) took nutritional supplements. Health promotion behavior had positive correlations with subjective health status (r=0.313, p<0.001), internal control (r=0.229, p=0.004), powerful others locus of control (r=0.162, p=0.046), and doctors locus of control (r=0.215, p=0.008). There was a negative correlation between health promotion behavior and chance locus of control (r=-0.273, p=0.001). Health status (β=0.25, p=0.001), chance locus of control (β=-0.28, p<0.001), doctors locus of control (β=0.20, p=0.009), and powerful others locus of control (β=0.16, p=0.033) were significant predictors for health promotion behavior. These variables explained 25.8% of the variance in health promotion behavior.
Conclusion: The study results indicate that it is necessary to develop a nutrition education program and nursing intervention in order to promote health for pregnant women.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 간호대학 > Department of Nursing > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.