Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning for a Random Access Game
- Lee, Dongwoo; Zhao, Yu; Seo, Jun-Bae; Lee, Joohyun
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Multi-armed bandit; nash equilibrium; non-cooperative game; random access
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY, v.71, no.8, pp.9119 - 9124
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY
- Start Page
- End Page
- This work investigates a random access (RA) game for a time-slotted RA system, where N players choose a set of slots of a frame and each frame consists of M multiple time slots. We obtain the pure strategy Nash equilibria (PNEs) of this RA game, where slots are fully utilized as in the centralized scheduling. As an algorithm to realize a PNE (Pure strategy Nash Equilibrium), we propose an Exponential-weight algorithm for Exploration and Exploitation (EXP3)-based multi-agent (MA) learning algorithm, which has the computational complexity of O(N (NmaxT)-T-2). EXP3 is a bandit algorithm designed to find an optimal strategy in a multi-armed bandit (MAB) problem that users do not know the expected payoff of each strategy. Our simulation results show that the proposed algorithm can achieve PNEs. Moreover, it can adapt to time-varying environments, where the number of players varies over time.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 지능형통신공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.