High-performance lithium battery driven by hybrid lithium storage mechanism in 3D architectured carbonized eggshell membrane anodeopen access
- Gao, Sen; Jiang, Qiuyi; Shi, Yu; Kim, Hyehee; Busnaina, Ahmed; Jung, Hyun Young; Jung, Yung Joon
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Carbonized eggshell membrane; Hard carbon; Lithium-ion battery; Dendrite-free Li deposition; Hybrid lithium storage mechanism
- CARBON, v.166, pp.26 - 35
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The increasing demand for large-capacity lithium batteries requires new anode materials satisfying both high capacity and long-life cycles. Here, a free-standing, binder-free, and environmentally friendly carbonized eggshell membrane (CEM) anode with a highly conductive interwoven network is presented for the use in high-performance lithium batteries. Highly porous and naturally doped nitrogen in CEM structure enables a unique hybrid Li storage mechanism where the effective insertion of Li ions and highly uniform Li metal deposition occur without Li dendrites formation. By employing a threedimensionally architectured CEM anode, an areal capacity as high as 10 mA h cm(-2) (357.2 A h L-1 in volumetric capacity) is achieved with an average Coulombic efficiency of 97.6% over 1300 h. The CEM anode also exhibits high Li-ion diffusivity, stable voltage hysteresis, and excellent cycling performance even after 1000 cycles at 0.5C, making it an environmentally sustainable electrode material for high-performance Li-ion batteries. (C) 2020 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 융합기술공과대학 > Department of Energy Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.