Numerical analysis on the hygrothermal behavior of building envelope according to CLT wall assembly considering the hygrothermal-environmental zone in Korea
- Chang, Seong Jin; Yoo, Jiwon; Wi, Seunghwan; Kim, Sumin
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- Regional classification; Hygrothermal environmental zone; Cross-laminated timber house; Moisture problem; Energy performance
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH, v.191
- Journal Title
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH
- As buildings generally have become larger and more airtight, the ventilation rate has decreased further, causing insufficient ventilation which leads to moisture problems such as condensation, mold growth, reduction of thermal insulation performance and corrosion of building materials. In order to prevent moisture problems, it is essential to understand the thermal and hygric status of a climatic region. In this study, the hygrothermal environmental zone considering not only the thermal environment but also the hygric environment was derived by analyzing the climate environment in Korea. The hygrothermal environmental zone has the advantage of being able to take into account the hygrothermal environment of the unexplored regions and to cope with climate change by quantifying the thermal and hygric environmental indexes in each region. Finally, the long-term moisture risk of the building envelopes was evaluated. As the results, it is considered that the proposed hygrothermal environmental zone is appropriate and it is necessary to consider the hygric environment in order to secure the moisture stability of the building envelope.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 건설환경공과대학 > 인테리어재료공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.