산화적 스트레스에 대한 석결명의 세포 보호 효과Cellular-protective effects of Nardotidis seu Sulculii Concha Extract against oxidative stress
- Other Titles
- Cellular-protective effects of Nardotidis seu Sulculii Concha Extract against oxidative stress
- 김광연; 이승진; 지선영; 배수진; 송유림; 윤언정; 박선빈; 송종국; 손태진; 손재동; 김우현; 양주혜; 박선동; 김상찬; 김영우; 박광일
- Issue Date
- Nardotidis seu Sulculii Concha; oxidative stress; cell injury; cellular-protective effect.
- 대한한의학 방제학회지, v.29, no.2, pp.71 - 80
- Journal Title
- 대한한의학 방제학회지
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objectives : This study investigated cellular-protective effects of Nardotidis seu Sulculii Concha water extract (NSCE) against oxidative stress induced by arachidonic acid (AA)+iron or tert-butylhydroperoxide (tBHP).
Methods : In vitro, MTT assay was assessed for cell viability, and immunoblotting analysis was performed to detect expression of AMP-activated kinase (AMPK) signaling pathway and autophagy related proteins. In vivo, mice were orally administrated with the aqueous extract of NSCE of 500 mg/kg for 3 days, and then injected with CCl4 0.5 mg/kg body weight to induce acute damage. The level of liver damage was measured by serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) analysis.
Results : Treatment with NSCE inhibited cell death induced by AA+iron and tBHP. NSCE induced the phosphorylation of AMPK, and this compound also induced the phosphorylation of LKB1, an upstream kinase of AMPK, and Acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC), a primary downstream target of AMPK. NSCE increased the protein levels of autophagic markers (LC3II and beclin-1) and decreased the phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) and simultaneously increased the phosphorylation of unc-51-like kinase-1 (ULK-1) in time-dependent manner.
Conclusions : NSCE has the ability 1) to protect cells against oxidative stress induced by AA+iron or tBHP. NSCE 2) to activate AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), and 3) to regulate autophagy, an important regulator in cell survival.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.