Silane-treated BaTiO3 ceramic powders for multilayer ceramic capacitor with enhanced dielectric properties
- Beak, Kyungki; Choi, Moonhee; Kim, Dong Hyun; Yu, Yiseul; Theerthagiri, Jayaraman; Al-Mohaimeed, Amal M.; Kim, Yangdo; Jung, Hyeon Jin; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Barium titanate; Dispersibility; Multilayer ceramic sheet; Multilayer ceramic capacitors; N-[3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl]aniline; Surface treatment
- CHEMOSPHERE, v.286
- Journal Title
- Silane/ceramic combination provides the composites with several advantages from the advancements of new ceramic composite materials with good thermal conductivity, high mechanical and dielectric properties have wide significant applications in electrical and electronic industries. In this study, to enhance the dispersibility of dielectric barium titanate (BaTiO3) ceramic powder and additives for the fabrication of multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCCs), surface treatment of the precursor of ceramic powder was performed using silane coupling agents. Dielectric ceramic sheets fabricated from ceramic powders that had been surface-treated with different amounts of N-[3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl]aniline (TMSPA) which increased the surface gloss. In particular, the dielectric properties of the multilayer ceramic sheet fabricated by stacking sheets from the TMSPA-treated ceramic powder sintering at 1200 degrees C, it was confirmed that the dielectric constant increased from 881 to 2382 and the dielectric loss dropped from 1.96 to 1.34% with utilization of the TMSPA treatment. The physical and dielectric properties of the TMSPA-treated multilayer ceramic sheet were also determined by Fouriertransform infrared spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, field-emission scanning electron microscopy, glossmetry, and electrochemical impedance considerably increased the dielect s
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.