Improved visible light photocatalytic degradation of yttrium doped NiMgAl layered triple hydroxides for the effective removal of methylene blue dye
- Kandasamy, Bhuvaneswari; Govindasamy, Palanisamy; Thangavelu, Pazhanivel; Theerthagiri, Jayaraman; Min, Ahreum; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Handling Editor; Derek Muir; Layered triple hydroxide; Methylene blue; Photocatalytic degradation; Visible light absorption; Yttrium doped NiMgAl
- CHEMOSPHERE, v.290
- Journal Title
- Fabrication of layered triple hydroxides (LTH) is a typical and remarkable approach to produce new functionalities passionately investigated for photocatalytic removal of organic pollutants from industrial wastewater. The hydrothermal method was used to prepare different weight percentages of yttrium (Y) doped NiMgAl LTH. The structural, functional, optical, and morphological properties of the prepared samples were investigated using Xray diffraction, Fourier transformed-infrared spectroscopy, ultraviolet-visible diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, and scanning electron microscopy. The photocatalytic degradation of the different percentages of Y-doped LTH samples were assessed through the photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye under the visible light irradiation. When compared to other lower concentrations of Y doping, the photocatalytic degradation efficiency of 1 wt.% Y-doped LTH was higher. Thus, the optimized LTH's improved photocatalytic performance was attributed to increased visible light absorption with low transmission and improved electron-hole separation.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.